7 Ways to Enjoy the Holidays Stress Free
We all know the holidays have the power to bring some of the most joyful times in our lives. but they can also cause a lot of stress too. Holiday stress can be caused by a whole host of different situations such as family disagreements, scheduling conflicts, and personal preferences.
No matter what the source of your stress it’s important to take a step back from the stress and embrace the sanity that exist in every moment.
Stress Free Holiday Tips…
1. Get Your Shopping Done Early. Take a day off from work and go shopping when the store first opens and shop with ease and stress free. One thing is for sure you will not be battling other shoppers during the peak shopping times. Make a list of all the people and items you need to purchase so you don’t have to run back to the stores at an unfavorable time. Additionally, you won’t have to worry about making split second decisions on gifts. Take time to craft a budget to go along with your list to help manage your the expenses of your purchases.
2. Take Your Holiday “Me” Time. Make sure you take time out for you. We often take the time to think of others during the holidays but if we are going to be any good to others we have to take care of ourselves first. You can’t forget about yourself in the process of making the Holidays great for others. Remember to schedule some “me” time and concentrate on winding down. Go have a massage or set aside some time to simply do nothing or to just meditate on what you want to create in the coming year. In order to take good care of others, you first have to take care of your own mind, body and soul.
3. Stay Calm and in Your Flow. While it may not be a problem with every family, sometimes the togetherness causes conflicts and clashing. Before you enter a family holiday event, tell yourself that you’ll take the high road on any discussion that are less than joyful. You don’t want an have disagreements ruin your festive holiday season.
4. Implement Mindful Eating. It’s not fair to yourself to completely avoid indulging around the holidays, but at the same time you should always remain mindful about what enters your body. Watch what you’re putting into your body, consuming high amounts of sugary treats and carbs can definitely have an affect on how you feel. Don’t forget about the caffeine, you could be setting yourself up for some sleepless nights.
5. Treat Yourself to a Special Present. While shopping for everyone else make sure you treat yourself to a Special Present. Buy yourself something you really will enjoy after you have taken care of everyone else. Why not schedule yourself for a new time of massage to relax your mind body and soul its an excellent way to maintain a healthy stress level.
6. Get Enough Rest. The excitement definitely kicks in during the holidays. Sometimes you’ll lose sleep because of stress or lose sleep because of excitement. Either way, you’ll be doing yourself huge favor by concentrating on relaxation and getting to bed at a good hour. If you start a pattern of getting less than 8 hours of sleep per night, you could be setting yourself up for stress without even really knowing it. The body serves us better when we are rested.
7. Delegate, Delegate. If you come to the realization that you’ve been put in charge of too many things, don’t pile on the stress – instead, delegate the more stressful tasks. Be wise enough to know when you need some help and simply ask for it.